Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Most Significant People in Your Life

When you are considering what people are significant in your life, you inevitably think of the people who have impacted your life the most, whether good or bad or both depending on the person. When you look over the list of people that you have classified in this category it is a good idea to review why they are significant. There are two reasons for this, one is because you can let the person know how they have impacted your life and either able to exercise some demons and repair a relationship or you will make someone's day by letting them know.

People crave the approval of others. They want to be liked and thought well of, but not everyone is able to do this. It is important to let the people know who are important in your life why they are important. Open communication in any relationship is what will help it not only survive but flourish. If that person impacted you to a point that they made a significant change in your life it could help them in their other relationships which could improve their overall well-being.

The most significant person in my life is two different people, my father and my husband. My father is the type of man who is quiet and solid. He is always there for anyone who needs him. He is an accomplished craftsman who gets more enjoyment out of helping people than anything else. He has taught me so much that I couldn't list it all in this article. Suffice it to say that he has always been my role model and I hope I manage to be half the person that he is. The husband and I have been married for 18 years and have held fast through different trials and errors. He is my rock, if I have a problem or concern I know that he will listen to me and either let me work it out myself or help me with the dilemma. He isn't a romantic man, he doesn't come home with flowers or candy, but he is the most generous and loving man I have ever known. He knows when I need him, whether to talk to or to handle a situation for me and will always be the first one to defend any action I have taken. He is always there to offer his support and encouragement in everything I do. He might not understand my desire to write or create crafts but he is the first one to critique it and give me positive feedback.

Always remember the significant people in your life are the ones that help make you who you are. It doesn't matter whether they had a negative impact on your life or a positive one because they helped you grown into the person you are today.

No comments: