Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Family Dynamics

I went and visited my parents this weekend and was able to find out some new information about my elusive grandparents, well actually my grandmother. According to my father she was from the area surrounding Prague, which is interesting because the information that I had before, placed her near the border of Austria in the same village as my grandfather.

Interviewing family members is a constant avenue to explore. You don't have to have a formal session about family, just general chit chat will reveal information you didn't expect. I now have a new avenue to explore for my grandmother. Hopefully I will get farther this time than I did last time.

You never know when you will receive new information or from whom. It is up to you what you do with it. I could have discounted the information I had received, because I had records stating where she was from. But remember not all records are 100% accurate, it all depended on who was writing down the information when your ancestor came into the country.

So remember to always keep all possibilities open in your mind, because you never know when one of them will pan out for you.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Patti

No comments: